HOW TO GET RIHANNA’S HAIRSTYLE
Hair Coloring... How-To
If you have dark strands like Rihanna, then achieving extra bright tones can be a bit of a challenge. It usually requires more chemical processing,
which can be damaging to hair if you’re not careful.
Luckily, there are steps that you can take to protect your hair after you color it, though.
Here are THE BEST 5 TIPS for maintaining colored hair.
1. Condition, condition, condition! This is a must-do for anyone who desires healthy hair, but it is especially important for those who have chosen to color. Permanent and semi-permanent dyes especially work by altering the makeup of each hair molecule with ingredients like hydrogen peroxide, which can make each strand more liable to break or dry out.
However, conditioning your hair can help restore some of the moisture that was lost in the process of coloring and make those strands more flexible. A product like John Frieda Full Repair Deep Conditioner, for example, can add body and shine to freshly colored locks when used once a week.
2. Try a color-enhancing shampoo. If you’ve ever shuddered at the thought of your very expensive (or very time-consuming) color process running down the drain as you shampoo, try a color-enhancing shampoo formulated specifically to help you maintain your color for longer. You may also want to consider shampooing less often. This will not only help you preserve the integrity of your color but also keep your hair from becoming too dry from the sulphate that is often found in shampoos.
3. Be protective of your newly colored locks. This means staying away from chlorine and saltwater, especially! If you enjoy a good beach day or lounging by the pool, you may want to just dip your toes instead of going for a swim. And remember to wear a stylish but protective wide-brimmed fedora to protect your vulnerable locks from sun damage.
4. Stay close to home with your hair color. Rihanna’s red-hot styles are fun to duplicate, but even she takes a break now and then from hair coloring. Remember to give your hair a reprieve by rocking your natural color from time to time. And when you’re ready to switch your look up again, consider getting a color that’s closer to your natural tone or opting for partial highlights instead.
5. Be careful with the curling iron. A new color can be the perfect catalyst for a new style as well, but be extra careful with tools that emit heat such as the blow dryer and straighteners. Keep these styling tools on a lower setting so that you don’t cause heat damage to your hair when it’s more susceptible than usual because of color, and use a heat protecting product like John Frieda Style Creator Heat-Activated Styling Spray.
And try out your natural waves or curls one day to give your hair a respite from all that stress.
Now that you have the goods on how to get Rihanna’s style, you’re ready to wow everyone you know with a celeb-inspired look.
See more about Rihanna’s Hair-dos